Anonymous asked: I really want this URL :(
It’d be nice if I received messages that weren’t just about how much people want my URL. Like, real questions. Because I’m never giving away my URL. Mkay? :)
mainstreamkilledindie asked: Good Day Sir! I was wondering if you can help me get in touch with Daniel Purisma. I'm doing a research on Kalinga tattoo and thought that he'd might help me out. Thank you very much --Marian Carlos, University of the Philippines Diliman
I am most definitely not a “Sir.” LOL
Anyway, his tumblr: http://kalaw1980.tumblr.com/
Try to reach out to him there. He is an amazing artist.
bohoblitz asked: You have one of the best urls yet you don't even come on here, that just makes me sad.
I check my Tumblr dashboard everyday. I just haven’t been able to post as much lately. But I will once I get in the mood to start taking photos again.
50 Random Things I Miss About The Philippines:
- My host family and random evenings watching Showtime.
- Sitting in my host family’s bahay kubo on lazy afternoons playing cards, laughing, and drinking Coke.
- Long bike rides to neighboring cities just because.
- Camping trips with Roy and Brandon.
- Movie nights, taco parties, and game nights with all my fellow Mindoro friends.
- My fellow RPCVs and huge party nights in Manila.
- The breathtaking natural beauty.
- Island hopping every other weekend with my host brothers, cousins and friends.
- The Silonay Propagules Association.
- Bahala na.
- The overwhelming friendliness of neighbors.
- Walking down the street during lunchtime and hearing everyone say: “Kain ka na! Come join us!”
- Tropical weather.
- Rainy season.
- Calapan City.
- Pension Natividad.
- 3 hour boat trips across Batangas Bay.
- Laying in my hammock reading a book on a lazy Saturday morning.
- Jerome, Jr. my adorable little host brother.
- Brandon coming over, cooking popcorn, and marathons of Community and Arrested Development.
- Random visits from fellow volunteers.
- MassKara Festival in Bacolod Philippines.
- Puerto Galera.
- Death defying bus trips on Luzon (especially in the Mountain Province).
- Arguing with cab drivers about fare.
- "Hello, Ma’am Sir!"
- Fresh buko juice.
- Limitless supply of FRESH fruit and vegetables (MANGOES GALORE).
- Flip Flops and walking around barefoot.
- Being called Whoopi Goldberg and Bob Marley once a day.
- Random people touching my hair (“Oh my God, is it real???”).
- MIMAROPA REGION.
- Silonay: My favorite little neighborhood on earth.
- A Bululacao Christmas.
- Street food.
- Fresh markets every where.
- Travelling around helping fellow volunteers with environmental trainings.
- Tagalog and the 50 million other languages spoken in the Philippines.
- Text mates.
- People walking slowly and in no particular hurry, such a contrast to living in America.
- White sand beaches.
- Loud 80s and 90s rock music being blasted from speakers at 6:30AM every morning.
- Waking up to roosters crowing at the crack of dawn.
- Epic Boracay New Years Trips with fellow PCVs
♫ Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn’t you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name.
And they’re always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same.
You wanna be where everybody knows your name…♫